Monday, April 5, 2010

Hello? Where am I?

Well, it's been a couple years and I've been a tad remiss. Actually I was in quite an accident, in the hospital for a couple months and messed up my leg pretty bad - it was a surprise to quite a few people that I actually kept the leg.

The short of it is, my knee is a bit messed up, I'm missing a muscle in my calf and one in the front of my leg, have nerve damage, and have a plate and 8 screws in my ankle. I'm not exactly on track in terms of working out anymore :)

I've been on and off again for the last year, so I've put on about a third of what I originally lost. I'm looking to get back on the wagon, ASAP. I'm also looking to quit smoking (again), and start eating healthy (again). In light of this, I'm considering a fast/cleanse. While I will probably lose weight on this, my goal is really to get that clarity of thought and body that I hear comes with fasting. I know the whole 'detoxifying' theory is pretty much garbage, but it's a mental game, right?

So, I will be posting updates on "The Master Cleanse" that I will be trying for a few weeks (actually, the rest of April, with the last 5 days or so being to re-acclimate to food. I was intent on starting today, but poor planning left me with just water and I ended up getting a small soup and salad after work. Not a complete loss, but not actually starting the cleanse.

What is the cleanse? Basically, drink 6-10 glasses of "Lemonade" daily (this is lemon juice, cayenne pepper, water, and maple syrup). Also, the impactful "cleansing" part is a daily glass of salt water and possibly laxative tea. This sounds a bit too much like abusing laxatives, so I'll probably do the salt water as often as is reasonable, but that's about it.

Mark that down, day 1: fail. Lets go tomorrow!

No comments: