Monday, April 12, 2010

C-R-A-V-I-N-G-S !!!

Yeah, so I spent most of today thinking about food - this wasn't a wonderful way to spend a day when you're fasting. Unfortunately it was mostly not healthy, too!

I decided on the burger I want - about 10oz of so of fatty ground beef, with some red pepper flakes and worcestershire (sp) sauce, throw that puppy on a hot grill... When bottom side is getting about right (maybe 3-4 min? looking for about med rare here), salt other side and flip.. then stack some sauted mushrooms and onions on top, blue cheese, and a handful of shredded chedder. Let that cook for a couple minutes and if needed, close the grill to make the cheese bubbly... Serve on a toasted bun with mayo, fresh tomato, spinach, and deep fried french fries and pickle slices on the side... Thinking of the fries, maybe toss those with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some cayenne, serve with a side of garlic mayo and maybe some cheese sauce? Yeah, a bit indulgent...

I'm thinking about eating after the fast... I want to do some variation of intermittent fasting that will fit in well with my schedule. Since I work from home Tuesdays and Fridays, I can fast from Monday evening until Tuesday night, and the same Thursday to Friday (when reasonable and not going out Thursday night)... Then I can be a little indulgent one of those nights - say that burger one Tuesday, maybe a pizza the next Tuesday... We shall see..

No comments: