Saturday, January 26, 2008

Who I Am...

Made an interesting observation tonight... I went out for a few drinks with friends, and because of the weight lifting and exercising I've been doing, my posture has improved so that my back is straight and my chest is out, my arms look muscular, and I feel good.

I looked like an ex-linebacker that was just a little out of shape.

There I was, 80lbs overweight, standing next to some guy taller than me that's 20lbs overweight, and I looked better! It felt great to be the confident guy. I come across as who I am - the 180lb guy in good shape, not who I was - the over-eater who was fat and lazy. I felt great, and had the attention of the people in the bar.

The observation is that perception is largely based on how YOU feel, and that defines how others see you.

So here's to the real me :)

No comments: