Friday, January 25, 2008

Work Harder For Less...

Generally when you get better at something, you get more efficient; you are able to get more done in less time with less effort.

Not so with this exercise stuff!

I just recently tracked down my HRM strap so I could keep better track of my heart rate during my cardio - I really want to get my heart rate up over 160 and preferably over 170 at least for short periods of time. This used to not be so hard! Now, I'm pushing so hard on the elliptical that the muscles in me leg are fatiguing before I can get my HR much over 150 (I did pop over 160, but not for long). I know I need to get in better shape in terms of endurance, but it seems my heart has gotten in better shape a bit quicker than the rest of my body :)

So, looks like my running type exercise 3X/week will be my real intense one for now, and I will use my other 2-3 sessions as conditioning and somewhat intense cardio.

No comments: