Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Preparing for the Big Day...

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, woo-hoo! An awesome holiday, I get a 4-day weekend and get to see the fam for a few days. Unfortunately there will be a TON of delicious (and NOT healthy) food that my body just isn't used to anymore. I know I'm going to eat like crazy, but I'm starting to get a little worried about all the carbs and fat that I'm going to be eating. I'll try to fill up on the turkey :)

To prepare, I'm working extra hard in the gym these 3 days prior. Monday I went and did an exhaustive chest workout to failure (several times), and supplemented with some shoulders and tri's, and 20min on the elliptical. Yesterday I did legs, and also really pushed myself, adding a lot of weight to every exercise over what i did last time. Now today I will do another chest workout. I'm going in a little sore, which I try to avoid, but with 3 days off of lifting I think I will have good recovery time. I'm hoping to get some cardio in Friday, and maybe I'll try taking a jog in the AM on the days I'm staying with the rents.

Ohter than that, I'm still not completely unpacked, but I'm at the point where I have everything I need in it's place and should be done and settled by the end of this weekend. I went a little overboard at target getting supplies/necessities for the new place and am hoping to make my last $60 stretch through next week - ouch!

Do it right or don't do it

No comments: