Friday, November 16, 2007

Back in the saddle...

As you can see, I haven't really provided any updates since the first week - I'm sorry!

I think I was a bit overwhelmed as I've been moving and still trying to maintain my presence on Traineo.com and to keep up with my new healthy lifestyle (and it's working!).

As of this morning, I've lost 26lbs. I also decided to set a short term goal of losing about 12lbs by the end of the year - I want to be under 260 and staying there, so it is the 12-13lb weight loss that I need (stabilized at 258-259). This has come because how daunting it is to realize that my goal is so far away! 26 pounds out of the total 107 does not seem like a lot, and this can be discouraging - I was sure feeling it. But instead, I'm dedicating myself to a short term goal that will help me meet that long-term one and give me something to look forward to along the way. I am actually getting anxious about making my goal weight in time (odd concern since it's still 11months away!). So this new goal will help!

I am also, once again, involved in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life at a local university. I do this every year, and next year I want to be able to run my laps around the track! The event is May 3 and 4, so I am setting a tentative goal of being SCSU Relay website.

All right peeps, that's all for now, but be sure to check out my Quick Start Guide (below) - it's time for everyone to stop thinking about being healthy and to start being healthy.

Do it right or don't do it

2 comments:

Bryon said...

How many laps do you want to run at relay for life?

Nicholman said...

Good question! I'm not really running at all now, so I'm not sure. In a perfect environment I would like to run all of the laps I'm out for, or at least jog, but May is probably going to come quicker than I'm ready for. After I make my year end goal, I'll look at setting some sort of running/cardio goal - I have 4 months so I could probably have 2-3 more set points in there for different kinds of goals that will all further the long term one.