Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gotta Get Back on Track!


Well, it's been a bit of a tough week on the cardio! I'm still smoking, so that's kicking my ass when it comes to trying to run, and I've been SO tired that I just haven't felt like rolling out of bed at 5:30am...

I have, though, been going to the gym regularly. My workout partner wanted to try a new split; Chest/back, legs, shoulders/bi/tri. It's pretty good, but our suspicions were correct - make sure to leave a day between the C/B and S/B/T... We didn't do that and did S/B/T Thursday and C/B Friday and it definitely was a lot tougher.

On leg day I also added in the adductor and abductor exercises in order to incorporate more muscles into my squats and improve balance. Boy was I sore ALL week! That means I need to be doing these though, so I'll keep it up.

So, next week: getting to bed by 9:30, getting up at 5:30 and either going to the gym or going for a run around the block (well, several blocks, but going for a 20-30min jog). I know I'll be lifting 4-5X/week now, but I still need to keep up the cardio so I'm dropping those lbs of fat for the summer.

1 comment:

Tim Wilson said...

Keep up the good work - and put away the cigarettes! I am sure it is harder than I would ever think, but you can do it!

Keep it up!