Monday, February 18, 2008

Getting Athletic!

Well, I'm doing one of the things I wanted to lose weight for - snowboarding! I went for the third time yesterday and I was actually able to stay upright for a couple whole runs (down the 'learning' area, but hey - it's something!). Next time it's a whole mountain pass and I'm looking forward to tackling the green and blue trail, and trying to start linking turns.

I'm feeling good, though still wish this weight would start coming off faster! I'm at 259, and have been for a few days. Almost 40lbs down, and I can almost taste my half-century (247). I'm also really frustrated with the smoking - it is a tough habit to quit! Anyone reading this that's never smoked; keep it that way. I've been smoking for 12 years now, and have quit off and on, but it really grabs a hold of you. I'm 'gearing up' for another quit (read: putting it off), but it has to happen soon so I can feel good running again. My lungs are definitely giving up before my legs.

Other good news, I joined a new challenge on Traineo - 8lbs in 4 weeks. I know I can do it, but I'd like to see it in 3 weeks and I wouldn't be upset if I was the first one as I'm a little bit competitive :)

Also, in the gym today, I kicked ass on the abs, I'm definitely getting stronger. If this damn fat wasn't in the way I just might have a decent 6-pack! Also did legs, and couldn't get the squat rack so had to use the Smith Machine. I didn't like it, but was able to isolate my glutes a lot better - perhaps this would be a good supplement to an already full routine.

Thanks for all the support!

No comments: